Thursday, June 21, 2012

On, then off, then on again...

First - are you interested in writing? Is your characterisation not all it could be? I'm teaching an online workshop at Savvy Authors starting Mon June 25. Doesn't matter where you are in the world - you can take part. And it only costs $25! You can sign up here: http://www.savvyauthors.com/vb/showevent.php?eventid=1505

***

Being an author is a weird old job. Things can swing up or down and you have so little control over proceedings.

Take the electronic versions of my Dream of Asarlai trilogy. This time last year, they were all available internationally. Then, they weren't. Now, they are again.

So I can tell you that right now, the trilogy can be bought for your Kindle, Kobo or iPad. You'd better get to it cause who knows what will happen next in the great world of publishing ;)

I'm glad they are available because in just a few weeks, I'll be self-publishing electronically the first part of the sequel. The Festival is a novella set a year after the events of the Dream of Asarlai trilogy. The old characters will be revisited in a new, fast-paced story that will be a rollick from beginning to end.

This is being published with the blessings of HarperCollins here in Australia and I'm hoping that a shorter story, at a cheaper price, will entice people to give the world of my magical race the gadda a try.

I'm hoping to eventually follow The Festival with an all-new trilogy, which is set a further twelve months later but who knows when that will happen. Like I said - being an author is WEIRD.

Leave a comment to get a free copy of The Festival a week before everyone else - book will be officially released July 12, I'll send you a copy by July 4!

In the meantime, can I recommend a book by fellow Supernatural Undergrounder Helen Lowe - the David Gemmell Morningstar winning novel The Heir of the Night? 

Congratulations, Helen :)

You can buy my books at Amazon, Kobo and iTunes


7 comments:

Jeanette Marsh said...

Yes, please! Glad to see you're recommending a fellow kiwi, too.

Helen Lowe said...

Hi Nicole,

Thank you very much for your mention of 'The Heir of Night'--winning the Gemmell Monrnstar Award for Best Fantasy Newcomer (http://tinyurl.com/7pqnluq) last weekend was definitely a blast.

And all best wishes for 'The Festival' -- am sure your Asarlai and Gadda followers will be eagerly looking forward to it.

Kim Falconer said...

Nicole! That's great news about the worldwide release. What a crazy industry indeed!

I'm excited about the novella. You've created such an evocative world. Of course there will be MORE!

Big congrats again to Helen too. Such and awesome win!

Llehn said...

Congrats, Helen!

SandyG265 said...

I hope The Festival does well

Nicole Murphy said...

Thanks everyone :)

Helen Lowe said...

Thank you Llehn -- I suspect I may be posting more re this on 1 July... ;-)