Sunday, August 23, 2020

The Art of Chapter Heads

Map of Amassia for Crown of Bones


Hi Everyone!

The formatting is underway for Crown of Bones and we have some additions I wanted to share: The map above, and also the hierarchy of the robe colors worn by savants.

This chart helps readers keep track of the robe colors worn by savants. Each color represents a rank and level of maturation and ability, the lowest being non-savant.
 

And, below are chapter head illustrations!

In my post earlier this month, I talked about the History of Chapters, their purpose and how they inform the way we read. You can see that post here - An Affiliation of Chapters.

Today I can show you the Chapter Heads for Crown of Bones, coming out January 5, 2021.

The art is inked by Anna Campbell, and will be set for each POV character, at the head of their chapters.
The record books for Ash's Chapter POVs.
Marcus's War Axe for his chapter POVs. 











Master Brogal's Firebird phantom, C'cen.
Kaylin's Sword for his POVs.
Salila's (Sah-LEE-lah) chapter heads. 
Bone Throwers' Whistle Bone.
Twin Sun Flag.

I hope you are intrigued by these additions. If that's a yes, post in the comments for an ARC (advanced reader copy) to dive into the world.

See you there!

* * * 

About AK Wilder

I write YA Lit for young adults, and the young at heart.

Meet me on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, or check out my site, akwilder.com where you can read the Bare Bones Scopes each month, Throw the Bones and discover the latest news and giveaways.

My alter ego on the Sup is Kim Falconer...

Remember, when in doubt... Raise. Your. Phantom!

4 comments:

Sullivan McPig said...

Oh, this sounds intriguing indeed.

Angela Marie said...

Hi, I'm a bookstagrammer :). I'm very intrigued by your book. I would to request an ARC of it.

Kim Falconer said...

Thank you, Sullivan McPig. They are running a giveaway on Goodreads right now! :)

Kim Falconer said...

Hi Angela Marie,

Emailing you now :)