Happy April everyone! Laura here. Does the title of this blog immediately set you to humming the 80’s tune by Europe with the same name? Not sure of the song? Ever seen the movie Tron: Legacy? It’s the song playing in the arcade right before Sam is sucked into The Grid. Got it? Great! Now that we’re all going to have that song stuck in our heads the rest of the day, what does it all mean? In ten short days, our debut book, Ascension: A Dark Breed Novel, will be on the shelves!
In honor of this monumental event, for us anyway, I thought it would be fun to list a few books that have an April release that seemed wait-worthy. These are listed in the order they were found and most were picked because, well, the titles and/or covers were cool.
10. Vampire Dragon, by Annette Blair (Berkley) Third in the Works Like Magick series.
9. Tangled Threads by Jennifer Estep (Pocket) I'd rather face a dozen lethal assassins any night than deal with something as tricky, convoluted, and fragile as my feelings.
8. The Cold Kiss of Death by Suzanne McLeod (Ace) Second in the Spellcrackers series after The Sweet Scent of Blood (2010).
7.An Uninvited Ghost, by E.J. Copperman (Berkley) Second in the Haunted Guesthouse series following Night of the Living Deed (2010).
6. A Hard Day’s Fright, by Casey Daniels (Berkley) Seventh in the Pepper Martin series.
5. Deadworld, by J.N. Duncan (Kensington) Jackie Rutledge has seen her share of supernatural killers, but her latest murder case is what recurring nightmares are made of.
4. Hidden Embers, by Tessa Adams (NAL) In the New Mexico desert there is a secret race on the brink of extinction.
3. Demons are a Girl’s Best Friend by Linda Wisdom (Sourcebooks Casablanca) Feisty witch Maggie enjoys her work as a paranormal law enforcement officer—that is, until she’s assigned to protect a teenager with major attitude and a sleazy boyfriend.
2. Hush by Cherry Adair (Pocket Star) National bestselling author Cherry Adair introduces an edgy, sexy new suspense series with this exhilarating international tale of hide and seek.
1. Ascension: A Dark Breed Novel by Sable Grace (Avon) The gates of hell have opened, and one woman will stand in the crossfire as the Dark Breed—vampyre, demons, shape shifters—and mankind fight their last battle for survival.
Okay, so I know everyone saw the number one spot coming from the instant you saw the (10), but hey, it is my most sought after book of April. Now that you see what books I'm waiting for--or currently reading--what book has your fingers itching with the need to hold it in your hot little hands?