By Merrie Destefano
The countdown has started. My second novel, Feast: Harvest of Dreams, releases next Tuesday, June 28. For me, that means lots of sleepless nights and scatter-brained moments. Despite my copious to-do lists and spreadsheets (yes, I’m a nerd when it comes to organizing things), I’m always looking for extra hours in the day and wondering what I forgot to do.
So, before I forget, here are some cool things:
1. You can read sample chapters of Feast on the awesome HarperCollins site HERE.
2. I now have “secret” website, just for my readers. You can check out a deleted scene from Feast HERE.
3. I have a blog tour set up for Feast and you can read the details HERE. Notice, many of the sites will be featuring contests. (Yay!)
4. You can read about my secret exploits in an interview with My Bookish Ways HERE.
5. Two early reviews of Feast are already up! One is at Bitten By Books and the other is The Aussie Bookworm.
6. You can pre-order Feast here: Amazon l Barnes and Noble l Borders l Mysterious Galaxy l Laguna Beach Books l Vroman's Bookstore l Indie Bound Books l Or at your favorite local bookstore.
I’m doing a giveaway, right here, right now!! One lucky person will win the following: Signed copy of Feast, signed copy of Afterlife, 4 bookmarks, 2 buttons, and a fab Afterlife tote bag--all perfect to jump start your summer reading by the pool!
What must you do to win this very cool prize, you ask?
Tell me something fun you plan to do this summer in the comment section below. Be sure to include your e-mail address, so I can contact you if you win.
Earn extra points by also doing the following (and be sure to add up all your points in your comment section.)
5 points: Mention and link to this post on Twitter
5 points: Mention and link to this post on Facebook
5 points: Mention and link to this post on your blog
10 points: Follow my blog
10 points: Subscribe to my newsletter, (lower left corner of my website)
Contest will run through midnight, July 8. Winner announced shortly thereafter.
AND, one more thing...
I just wanted to tell you that I have a prequel novella to Feast coming soon! Titled Cursed, it tells the story of how the Darklings first came to Ticonderoga Falls and the hunger that drove them to break all the rules. This novella will be available exclusively as an e-book and I will have more details in a week or two. Meanwhile, you can check my blog for updates. But just in case you're curious, you can get a sneak peak of the cover below. Isn't she gorgeous?