Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Coming To You From Inside "Middle Earth"

 .
Wow, what a month it's been, with a whole heap happening here, especially for January!

So much so that I am going to have to defer the "Heroes in Fantasy" goodness and instead share a gorgeous pic "from inside Middle Earth" -- NZ having become "Middle Earth" for The Lord of the Rings films (as I'm sure you all know!)

This photo is from the Ida Valley in Central Otago, not far from the location which became the Westfold of Rohan in The Two Towers

Don't you love those sunset colors? And the sense of distance along the country road? I sure do!

I shall get onto those heroes and post heroically, once I come up for air. Meanwhile, enjoy the "from inside Middle Earth" goodness -- and many thanks to Jenny, the photographer, for letting me share the photo with you.

Ida Valley, NZ: Photo credit,  J Grimmett

2 comments:

Beth Miller said...

What a beautiful sunset! I am dying to get back to NZ-- hopefully one of these years!! The Otago countryside was just so stunning.

Helen Lowe said...

I'm so glad you like it, Beth. And I agree re Central Otago -- I love it: the photo, along with all those glorious LoTR locales are a big reason why, although it also has a rich history associated with being a "rugged land of gold", as well as the "new gold" of vineyards and wine. :)