All right! Thanks for sharing all your holiday memories and favorites! You all Rock! Using the lovely randomizer the winner of a book is CathyM. Please email me at my website juliana at julianastone dot com and we can figure out which book you would like to get! I have a couple to offer up!
And, MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!
Hey everyone out there in supernatural land! Are you freaking out yet? If you celebrate Christmas do you have your shopping done? Do I have my shopping done? Um, that would be a big fat NO! BUT, I have a list this year so that is a huge improvement over past years!
As most of you know this time of year is crazy busy and I'm sure I'm not the only one freaking out cause Christmas is 16 days away. But it's also a wonderful time for family and friends and get togethers.
Today I'm going to share some of my favorite Christmas things:
1. My favorite memory is of hiding under the covers with my brother as we tried to keep each other awake so we could try and surprise Santa. We always fell asleep of course, but had massive amounts of giggling. But more than that it was the feeling, that anticipation and excitement that I remember.
2. When I was older Christmas Eve was for visiting several friends for some "cheer". I loved this night and the travelling around (with a dd of course)
3. My favorite movie and I watch it every year is It's a Wonderful Life. Every year I watch this. Jimmy Stewart gets to me every single time.
4. Elf comes a close second. I want to adopt Buddy and let him live with me.
5. Favorite Christmas songs, Merry Little Christmas by The Pretenders, Something about Christmas time, Brian Adams
6. Fave gift I ever received....an 8 track player (you heard me 8 track player) and the 8tracks of Grease and the Bee Gees.
7. I love my mom's homemade pastries and pies. A little too much actually, but hey, she'd be insulted if we didn't finish every little scrap.
8. My son's first Christmas. He was 6 months and had no clue what the heck was going on, but man, I had fun unwrapping the mountain of prezzies under the tree. Didn't mattr that I'd wrapped them myself the night before...IT WAS HIS FIRST CHRISTMAS!
9. My kids are older now, so I love the fact that I can sleep in. No more getting up at 5:30 on Christmas morning.
10. Most of all, I love that my family and friends are nearby and we always make time for each other. That's what Christmas is about to me, family and love.
So, what are your fave things about the holidays? Let me know and I have a stash of books, I'll pick a winner and give you a choice of your prezzie.