Saturday, December 28, 2013

New Year's Just Around the Corner


Wrapping paper cleared away, exchanges made--what comes next? A good, long rest, of course! We all deserve it.

I like to use the week between Christmas and the New Year as a time to reflect on how fortunate I have been in my life. I could have been born into a country torn by war and live in fear daily. I could be without the means to feed myself and my family or to provide shelter. I could be suffering from some dread malady for which no cure is available.

Instead I am enjoying the benefits of living in the United States in a way that I don't have food insecurity, homelessness, bombs to frighten me, or diseases that commonly threaten people in undeveloped countries. I'm a writer, the most gratifying way I can spend my time as a career. I have a loving family plus felines Marble, Snickers, and Squeakers who all bring me joy.

What did I do to deserve this?

 When I figure that out, I'll let you know! In the meantime, one thing I can let you know for certain is that I love you all. :-)

SSU 2014 Calendar
Here's a 2014 calendar with the Supernatural Underground logo in the background. Click on the thumbnail for a PDF.




http://www.jacquielawson.com/viewcard.asp?code=4562408046082&source=jl999 

Here is a greeting card with my wishes to you for 2014. Click on the thumbnail. 





If you have some pre-New-Year's reflections to share, I'd love to hear them. Doesn't have to be anything grandiose. Just a little reflection will do.

See you in 2014!
Hugs,
Dakota

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

I always like to reflect on how lucky I am to have a healthy family, shelter, food and clean water. I try to look at what I take for granted.
Happy New Year. I hope it brings all of you success, love, and happiness.